Grade 6/7 Girls Volleyball
Fear the Spear
Gr. 6-7 Girls Volleyball
Saturday, October 19, 2019
8 Team Tournament - 5 Games - 1 Day
Concession Available (cash only)
$200 entry fee payable to Barnwell School
Do not leave valuables in the change rooms and please bring your own warm-up balls.
|POOL A||Barnwell||St. Mary's MH||St. Mary's T||Gersahw||Wins / Place|
|St. Mary's MH||x|
|St. Mary's T||x|
|POOL B||Cardston||Crescent Heights||St. Joe's||Willow Creek||Wins / Place|
Pool Play Draw
|9:00||123||Gershaw||St. Mary's T|
|9:00||456||Crescent Heights||St. Joe's|
|9:50||123||Barnwell||St. Mary's MH|
|10:40||123||Barwnwell||St. Mary's T|
|11:30||123||Gershaw||St. Mary's MH|
|11:30||456||St. Joe's||Willow Creek|
|1:10||123||St. Mary's T||St. Mary's MH|
|1:10||456||Crescent Heights||Willow Creek|
|2:00||1||456||4th in A||3rd in B|
|2:00||2||123||3rd in A||4th in B|
|3:00||3||456||2nd in A||1st in B|
|3:00||4||123||1st in A||2nd in B|
|4:00||5||456||Loser Game 1||Loser Game 2|
|4:00||6||123||Winner Game 1||Winner Game 2|
|5:00||7||456||Loser Game 3||Loser Game 4|
|5:00||8||123||Winner Game 3||Winner Game 4|
Any unruly parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, sibling or family friend who is asked to exit the gym due to their behaviour, will do so WITH the child that they are there "supporting."
After captains are called, each team will get 5 minutes on the court to hit and serve. It will be the coach's job to watch the clock and serve for the final minute if they want to. Our referees will be taking a break between games and will not be managing warmups.
These rules are to assist in Horizon Athletics' developmental focus for Tier 2:
1) Game balls shall be Tachikara Volley Lite
2) A single server can only serve the ball 5 consecutive times. After the 5th point is awarded, the serving team must rotate and a new server serves (possession of the serve is maintained).
3) Any player attempting an underhand serve may serve from 2 meters closer to the net. All overhand serves must follow normal volleyball service rules.
4) SubstitutionsTier 2 - There are unlimited substitutions per game per team. Player A can sub in for player B, but then player B can sub back in for ANY PLAYER. It does not have to be for player A provided the coach is not trying to sub a player in and out so that he/she can serve every other rotation.
5) Net Height Tier 2 Girls - 2.04m
6) Weaker Gr. 8s are permitted, but keep in mind that this is a "B" level tournament.