Grade 6/7 Boys Volleyball
Fear the Spear
Gr. 6-7 Boys Volleyball
Weaker Gr. 8s are Permitted
Friday, October 18, 2019
6 Teams - One Day - 4 Games Minimum
Concession Available (cash only)
$175 Entry Fee - Payable to Barnwell School
Do not leave your valuables in the change room and please bring your own warm-up balls.
|POOL A||Barnwell||Gershaw||St. Joe's||Wins/Place|
|POOL B||Cardston||RI Baker||St. Mary's||Wins/Place|
Pool Play Draw
|1:30||456||St. Mary's||RI Baker|
|4:00||1||123||2nd in A||3rd in B|
|4:00||2||456||3rd in A||2nd in B|
|5:00||3||123||1st in B||Winner Game 1|
|5:00||4||456||1st in A||Winner Game 2|
|6:00||5||123||Loser Game 1||Loser Game 2|
|6:00||6||456||Loser Game 3||Loser Game 4|
|7:00||7||123||Winner Game 3||Winner Game 4|
Any unruly parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, sibling or family friend who is asked to exit the gym due to their behaviour, will do so WITH the child that they are there "supporting."
After captains are called, each team will get 5 minutes on the court to hit and serve. It will be the coach's job to watch the clock and serve for the final minute if they want to. Our referees will be taking a break between games and will not be managing warmups.
These rules are to assist in Horizon Athletics' developmental focus for Tier 2:
1) Game balls shall be Tachikara Volley Lite
2) A single server can only serve the ball 5 consecutive times. After the 5th point is awarded, the serving team must rotate and a new server serves (possession of the serve is maintained).
3) Any player attempting an underhand serve may serve from 2 meters closer to the net. All overhand serves must follow normal volleyball service rules.
4) SubstitutionsTier 2 - There are unlimited substitutions per game per team. Player A can sub in for player B, but then player B can sub back in for ANY PLAYER. It does not have to be for player A provided the coach is not trying to sub a player in and out so that he/she can serve every other rotation.
5) Net HeightTier 2 Boys - 2.14m
6) Scoring and MatchesAll Round Robin matches are 2 sets to 25, win by 2, cap at 27. Playoff matches are a best of 3. First two are to 25, win by 2, cap at 27. If the 3rd set is necessary, it is to 15, win by 2, no cap.